Director of Worship Teams
Reports to Lead Pastor or his designee. Works collaboratively with all Program and Support Staff, and Worship and Music Ministry Team Leaders. Works within the guidelines of the Congregation’s Constitution and By-Laws, personnel policies, and the beliefs and values of The Evangelical Covenant Church.
- This is a part time position, with hours negotiable from 10-15 hours per week or 40-60 hours per month. This position could also be bundled with another position(s) in other areas of ministry.
- Coordinate and organize all Worship Team activities at Rochester Covenant Church, including recruiting team members within and outside the congregation, preparing music, leading rehearsals, and helping with verbal worship leading for Sunday worship services (2-4 Sundays/month, negotiable), and special and seasonal services.
- Work with lead pastor to plan music in weekly worship services, at times in consultation with other staff and/or worship team members.
- Maintain relationships and communication with members of the Sound and Media Teams, Facility Manager, etc. as related to rehearsals and services involving Worship Team.
- Build loving relationships in the congregation and community to inspire, motivate, equip and mobilize people to identify and use their God-given gifts, talents, passions, and experience for worship ministry.
- Audition all persons involved with worship teams to ensure basic competency, appropriateness and readiness for worship ministry.
- Support the overall mission and fellowship of Rochester Covenant Church.
- Explore ways to use worship arts and other arts as a means for reaching for Christ those who are unreached or un-churched (children, families and adults) in the Rochester area
- OPTIONAL: Direct the RCC choir on a weekly and/or seasonal basis.
Qualifications for the Position. We are seeking a person who, above all, knows and loves God, has a vibrant day-to-day relationship with Jesus Christ, and is filled with the Spirit. Specific qualifications include:
- A professed commitment to Jesus Christ with evidence of ongoing spiritual growth, spiritual leadership and exemplary lifestyle.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in worship ministry, including an understanding of leading worship teams, with instrumental and/or vocal proficiency preferred, along with a working knowledge of worship technology (such as sound, media, and planning software), and some experience in worship planning.
- A passion for connecting with new people and enfolding them into the life of the congregation.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and supervisory skills.
- Self-motivation and organizational skills, requiring minimal supervision.
- Post high-school training, including coursework or training in worship, music, Bible and/or ministry.
- Available to work variable PT hours including daytimes, evenings, weekends and holidays based on ministry needs.
To apply, please contact the church office at 507.289.2990 or email your resume to email@example.com.